Sunday, 19 March 2017

Night Time Routine Once The Kids Are Sleeping

Well hello and welcome to another post by me!

I am currently looking for a new mattress and seen the  Leesa Mattresses website and It got me thinking and I was inspired to do a night time routine post, as I was thinking about how important a good night sleep actually is! Specially when you are like me and you have a 6 month old baby, who likes to get up at 6am and a 4 year old who loves to sneak into your bed at night.

A lot of people think that health is about dieting, eating clean and working out. But sleep is super important as well! You need to have a good nights sleep in order to function properly the next day. Here is how I get ready for my bed and a good nights sleep!

On a normal night all the kids are in bed by 8pm (its currently 7pm, 1hr to go...). Now its mum time!!
Friday night is bath night for me (I do shower during the week lol), I just find that lying in a hot bath either reading my book or watching youtube is one of the most relaxing times of the week for me. Once I am in I will slap on a face mask. I do LOVE the lush ones but lets face it, I don't always have one.

I love to a variety of things to the bath from lush bombs to Epsom salts. I LOVE lavender!

Once I have had a good soak it hair washing time. I find nothing more relaxing than being freshly washed in nice fresh warm towels.

Once I'm out I help myself to a hot chocolate on my Dulce Gusto (caramel is the flavour of the month) and I sit down to have a look at my laptop (maybe shop a bit!), or read my book (currently Goodnight Mr Tom). Even occasionally I might actually talk to my other half...

Once my hot chocolate is finished I will head back up stairs to brush, floss and stick on a whitening strip. This is when I will go into my room stick on the lights on the back of my bed, put a candle in my salt candle holder (need them ions) and chill on my bed.

Last but not least, I will blow out my candle switch off the lights and snuggle down for some well earned rest!

Sleep is one of the most important times of my day. I work full time, up at 4am for work. Then once I'm home, I am on my feet all day cleaning and sorting out the house and of course, running about after the kids. Having a comfy mattress when I go to sleep is one of the most important things in my night time routine. If you were to ask Holly on her way home from nursery, where do you think mummy is, she would say in bed haha. I love sitting relaxing in bed as well as sleeping. So the mattress I have is super important. If you are looking for some great mattress options, you should have a look at the Leesa website it has some great mattress options!

Did you know you should be changing your mattress ever 8 years! I find its always one of those things your forget to do. Evening turning the mattress every 6 months can help with aches and pains.

I would love to know what you do to relax (specially if you have kids!)

Speak soon
Lx




My Petit Canard
Petite Pudding
Mummascribbles
Pink Pear Bear
3 Little Buttons

16 comments:

  1. We have a Leesa mattress and its great. Sounds a lovely bedtime routine and Goodnight Mr Tom was obe of my school favourites. Thanks for joining us for #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last time I read this book was when I was in P6 at school. Lets face it that was a while ago and I can't remember how it ends!
      Thanks for reading!
      Lx

      Delete
  2. There's nothing like a good sleep whatever you do. #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would survive without it!
      Thanks for reading!
      Lx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely relaxing routine. I'm not really into baths - I actually find them quite boring - but I do like a long hot shower with nice smelling soaps. I love lavender too! We're saving up for a fancy steam shower with jets and mood lighting. Someday... Thanks for linking up to #EatSleepBlogRT. I hope you'll come back next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fancy steam shower sounds good! I love the rainfall ones!
      LX

      Delete
  4. I love nothing more than a relaxing bath and a glass of vino whilst watching some crappy tele on my ipad! #EatSleepBlogRT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relax? Funny, I have no idea what that means. I must investigate this R word immediately! #eatsleepblogRT xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I only recently learnt this one as well!
      Lx

      Delete
  6. Sleep, yes, sleep. Definitely very important. I usually unwind by watching Netflix or reading and then it's off to lala land for me. Thanks for sharing with #bigpinklink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I do like a Netflix binge :)
      x

      Delete
  7. This sounds lovely but a world away from mine at the moment with a new baby who feeds every couple of hours! #marvmondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. I was like that a few months ago!
      x

      Delete
  8. This sounds absolutely lush! Our evenings are hit and miss at the moment (as I type this, Oscar keeps trying to wake up) so I can't commit to anything like this. Once we've cracked it though and he's regularly sleeping of an evening, I am so going to give myself a night like this! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete