Monday, 11 July 2016

Grandparents Love Them Or Hate Them

Well Hello :)

 Who else has parents that spoil their child rotten?
 I love my parents but when it comes to Holly, I could be done for murder! An if you know me you will know, I would never get caught for said murders :) but that's another post altogether!

When we meet my mum at Asda, Holly's first question is 'wheres my prize' as she's that used to getting something every time we go out with my mum. The annoying this about it is, even if I say no, she still gets it.  So when we go out ourselves, its a screaming match because granny always gets her something -_-

When we are at my mum and dads discipline is 0! I mean 0. If I discipline her for something, instead of going to the step like she is told to do, she will run to my mum. Who will then produced to tell her 'its ok' and 'it was an accident' and get all snuggled in!
At dinner time all she will eat is super noodles. Sometimes you can coax her to eat hot dogs, but most of the time its super noodles.
There has been the odd occasion where I have tried to give her something I know she eats, as she has ate it in her own house. No she won't eat it, but that's OK, Granny will go running and make her toast or cereal or SUPER NOODLES!

I have been told that all grandparents do this and at some point if Holly or No.2 have kids, I will do this as well.
Does this happen with age? Does the annoying granny switch turn on at maybe 40 and after that you ignore your offspring and do what you like with their kids?
I know my gran was like this with me. I know I was like Holly if not worse (as my mum would have it believed) than Holly. But surly I will remember how it feels and not do this to Holly or No.2 if they ever have kids!

Some days like today, was amazing. No tantrums and everything went smoothly because she had friggin SUPER NOODLES!! But as its the summer holidays, this week is granny week and I can see it going down hill from here on in...

Does anyone else have these issues? lol
Let me know in the comments below :)
Speak soon
Lx
Pink Pear Bear
My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows
My Petit Canard
3 Little Buttons
Mummascribbles
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three

22 comments:

  1. "Supernoodles"! Ha, this made me laugh. A packet of biscuits in one sitting? No problem? Another bag of crisps? Or course! Half this chocolate cake I've made? Dig in! I think it's the Granny law. But at least she has a Granny who loves her. It's all good. #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she certainly loves her!! thats for sure lol
      Lx

      Delete
  2. Yes! When you figure out how to tackle them could you please let me know? Haha!

    #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i will share in a post!! Im thinking maybe a rugby tackle at the moment though!
      Lx

      Delete
  3. Too familiar! My parents had a regular day with my boy whilst I was in the office, they have refused to give it up even though I'm now working from home. It's sweet. Whatever. But the discipline thing is a bit iffy and the treats are ridiculous. My biggest irritation is they don't give him a nap so he comes home over tired and in a right mood. Grr. #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwww don't even get me started on naps!! or lunches!! I forgot to put those in!!
      Lx

      Delete
  4. It's all about granny in our house!! Ice creams, lollies, chocolate, 24/7 grazing!! What can I say...I hear you...but I'd die without my mum & dad's help. I honestly would... #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love them to bits and they help a lot with looking after her just now. but look after her my way ok lol
      Lx

      Delete
  5. Yep it's a hard one isn't it? Both mine are looked after by my mother in law and could get away with murder. She feeds them up (my toddler is a pure snacker) and just smiles when they draw on her coffee table or throw things at each other. She's our free childcare and i try and be nice but it's just so hard when they do come home and i remind them of the rules! #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to imagine what its going to be like with two lol
      Lx

      Delete
  6. *whispers* I know what you mean! My in laws are just the best possible grandparents on the planet and they could not do any more for us and I love them to bits but... THEY DRIVE ME BLOODY POTTY SOMETIMES! Discipline? What's that?? They have our two every Friday (see - I told you - they are saints), but then the hubby has them on his own every Saturday and has to cope with the backlash of whinging and "but I want to do x because Grandma and Grandad let me". Hmmmf. I have every intention of doing the same to my grandchildren if I get some as I think it's only fair ;) Great post. Thanks for linking up with us! Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhh totally! If i get any grandchildren its going to be sweet revenge!! I totally read that in a whispered voice by the way lol
      Lx

      Delete
  7. I grew up with my grandparents on both sides and I am just so happy! They really do spoil me haha. I learned so much from them and I think that my energy rubbed off of them. My parents lives in the Philippines and I wish they are near. #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your so lucky. Its like a view for me from the dark side lol
      Lx

      Delete
  8. That is a tricky one. We live miles away from my Mum so it was never an issue as they don't see their Gran that often. It did make me chuckle though - especially where you say that you were the same. I bet the cycle will continue! #TheList

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. This could be sweet revenge for my mum lol
      Lx

      Delete
  9. Little Buttons nanny and grandad spoil her, but we don't get to see them often enough for her to act up in this way. Good luck :-) I am sure it will get better. Thank you for linking up to the #DreamTeam xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its practically a grandparents perogative isnt it! There is something about becoming a grandparent that makes them forget about all the rules they had for their children. I definitely have this with my mother in law from time to time but its only little things and it could be much worse so I just close my eyes and bare it ;-) Thanks for sharing this on #MarvMondays. Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it must be a switch that flicks when they find out their offspring will have children!!
      Lx

      Delete
  11. Haha Zach spends 3 days a week with my mum and she’s always really good because she knows he can’t have treats on a regular basis. The in law’s though – they don’t see him as often and will happily give him lots of biccies! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. peel him off the roof when he gets back lol
      Lx

      Delete