Tuesday, 7 June 2016

Review - Garnier Amber Solaire

Hello!!

Since I found out Scotland was to have a heat wave these last couple of weeks. I started to fake tan my legs. There's nothing worse than sticking on your shorts to reveal pale blue legs lol. 

So I started to use this.
This is for medium skin tones. I am extremely fair (to the point I swear I'm blue at times) but I find the fair tanners, don't give me the colour I want in the time I want.

I did like this when I started to put it on. It gives nice coverage and there are no streaks if you apply carefully and evenly. I even tweeted about it!! 

It's a opaque gel consistency with a light browny orange tinge. It's also very smooth and light feeling. Absorbes quickly and your skin is non sticky!! 

However!! After 2 applications, instead of the bronzed goddess look I went orange. Not sure if it was this product or if it's because I used the medium skin tone. But I don't want orange!! I want bronzed goddess of Greek look. I also found that no matter how much you moisturise your knees and ankles, it still sticks and you get orange patches. 

Overall I would give this a 3 out of 5 stars. I loved the consistency, non stickyness and the light weight feel. However I didn't like the colour I turned. 

I got this from Boots for £7.00 at the time. But I have had this for a few months now. 

Have you tried this product?? 
Let me know 
Lx
3 Little Buttons
Cuddle Fairy
Diary of an imperfect mum
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three
thumbnailsize
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

22 comments:

  1. That's a shame it didn't work as well as you hoped! Orange is not a good look! Hope it faded to a more acceptable colour quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few days of constant scrubbing and its came off thankfully lol
      Lx

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Not THE orange look. Ekk! I haven't fake tan since I was a teenager. No matter what the brand, it always looked a bit funny on me. Thank you for linking up to the #DreamTeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try the new tanning moisturisers :)
      Lx

      Delete
  3. Does it smell too? I gave up on fake tanners because I couldn't stand the smell but if it makes you orange too that's no good! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the typical fake tan smell. I hate that smell!
      Lx

      Delete
  4. i had this ages ago and it was ok. i ended up a bit orange too - you really have to blend it well!! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't use fake tan. I tried it a few times years ago when I first moved to Ireland & turned whiter than I've ever been in my life due to lack of sunshine. But I can't manage it at all - streaks, the colour etc. And I'm not a fan of the smell. Too bad this one made you orange - great, honest review for anyone looking for a new tan. Thanks so much for joining us at #BloggerClubUK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not used anything like this before. I'm blue too ha! It sounds like it really works though so may well give it a try before I dare to bare! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! maybe look foe a fair skin tone though :)
      Lx

      Delete
  7. Oh no! Orange is not good. I always go patchy from fake tan. Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a shame about the colour. I'm always worried to fake tan as I run a lot which means sweat and worry it would smudge. Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure if it would smudge! that would be funny though!
      Lx

      Delete
  9. I don't wear fake tan for this reason, I am the girl who can and will streak even the most unstreakable tan every single time! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  10. A shame it didn't work too well for you lovely!
    Thank you for linking up to #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always worry when trying these type of products as I'm really scare to turn out orange or a colour I will hate. I like looking a little bit tan but always worries me the fact that I can dirty the sheets or my clothes. I haven't found yet a product that I will give it 10 out of 10! Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the bed clothes and white towels seem to suffer lol.
      Lx

      Delete