Wednesday, 22 June 2016

Baby No.2 Update 18.06.16

Hello :)

Last week was a super busy week.

We had the;
Midwife - normal check up
Sports day - not mine haha Hollys
The surgeon - to discuss VBAC
The vets - Crockets nail clipping (yes he's a rabbit, but a very grumpy rabbit!!)



Luckily I was able to get Wednesday off and a half day on Tuesday to get it all done!

Anyway baby no.2 is till doing well. At the midwife I was only measuring 25.5 weeks when actually I am 28 Weeks. Baby was being very naughty and was lying length ways across my tummy.

Holly done this the last time and ended up turning the wrong way and settled breach!!

However I had the surgeon on Wednesday and she checked again and baby was fine. Not sure how she was lying but I was back at 27 weeks. So she wasn't too worried.

We have made the decision now though to try and have a VBAC. I said in a previous post that there was no way I was doing that!! I was having another section and I just needed to stand my ground. Which is all well and true, and after reading My Labour Advice. I'm now thinking I've made the wrong decision lol. I should have opted for a section! hahah. If however we go past our due date on the 5th of Sep 16. It will be a section.
She started to ask if I would want them to check when I came in on the day for the section if they could have a look to see how far I had progressed and if I was ok with them break my waters!! MMMMMM no thanks. That means you will be poking sharp implements in places, I don't want them poked!! lol so we decided I either labour or don't.

But she wants me back in at 39 weeks to get a sweep. At first I was like yeah no problem. Then I googles it.....yeah there will be no sweeping. Again! I labour on my own or not at all!! ok, no putting gelled up fingers up somewhere I don't want them and separating any kind of sacks from my cervix ok lol!

But this time round with having Holly, I can't really afford to be out for up to 6 weeks. I want to be able to look after her and be as normal as possible with her. So we thought a VBAC was the best choice. Yeah beginning to think stuff Holly, She will just have to deal with daddy lol.

I am not looking forward to it haha. I want an epidural the min I walk into that labour ward!! I have a pretty high pain threshold. So I'm hoping it will get me through the first part. But ripping, snipping and stitching, nooooo thank youuuu lol. The horrible thing is my OH is actually pretty excited :) lol. Yeah you won't be when I'm either screaming at you or breaking your hand. The excitement will be gone. He also won't be too excited when he realises, he won't be getting any for a fair few weeks!!
Take that OH!! haha

Speak soon
Lx Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
Diary of an imperfect mum
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three
thumbnailsize
A Mum Track Mind
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
Petite Pudding

21 comments:

  1. I'm sure your health professionals are looking after you well good luck with it! Don't be pressurised into something that you really don't want. Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hear ya missus! I had an induction on my little girl and dear god was it uncomfortable! I didn't progress after the 3rd one, yes three times of prodding and ended up have an emergency c section. Next time round I'll be asking for a c section. Can't imagine I'll change my mind. hope all is going well for you! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep you've made it all sound so horrible and painful haha. I had a sweep with my first and it wasn't too bad, don't like the sound of someone breaking yours waters though. I hope you have a successful labour whatever happens, don't be pressured into something you don't want though xx #blogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the VBAC. Hope everything goes well for you! Just remember that you can change your mind at any point.I ended up being induced and after two weeks of them I would happily never have another sweep in my life- I hear you on that one! #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having a baby is really personal. Do what you think is best for you and your baby xxx #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had c sections with both of my kids because they were both breech so totally out of my control. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy x #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter was a week overdue, and I did a lot of reading about sweeps and came to the conclusion that I didn't want one. I'm not convinced they do anything to help, and luckly my daughter came on her own terms, in her own time. Trust your instincts and stick to your guns if you don't want any interference. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, forgot to add #KCACOLS !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try not to worry about VBAC, your body is designed to do it and I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. It's better in the long run...as you know, the recovery of a C Section is long and painful. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eep this brought back memories for me. My babba is 4 months now and I remember the anxious anticipation of the birth looming so well. It's difficult to make decisions about something that you've no idea how it's going to pan out. Stick to your guns though and hopefully you will get the support you need. Lovely that everything is going well at 28 weeks. :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you know what you want, good for you! Hope it's all going well for you :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to read your honesty haha! I'm sure it will all go ok, you have to do what is best for you :0 #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what's right for you and your family so stand your ground whatever you decide. It's difficult when you have another little one to consider too isn't it. I hope everything goes well and you get the birth you are hoping for :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with everything! I'm sure it will all work out well in the end. I had two inductions and it was fine. Thanks for linking up to #fortheloveofBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good call on the sweep! I had one and it was just painful and didnt achieve anything! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with whatever you decide, and don't forget you can change your mind right up to the last minute. Sounds like you're well aware of that anyway! If it's any help, I had a c-section both times and only 18 months between mine, and I coped fine. You're not really out of action for 6 weeks, and the first few weeks there are helpers around anyway, but I'm sure you'll do whatever is right for you. Good luck! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went a week overdue with my daughter and I had two sweeps - one on my due date and one 6 days later, and that night I went in to labour. I think you need to go with what you feel comfortable with - if you are happy with your decision then I think you tend to feel more relaxed =) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like your doctors and midwives have you well looked after. Hope you have the birth you'd like. Thanks got linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A brave decision,I had a similar plan and ended up with a c-section. I hope if you do labour naturally that everything goes to plan - Good Luck!! #PuddingLove

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you have it all planned out and things are going well. It is always nice to hear that the baby is doing well even if they are not cooperating by laying the wrong way. :) Thanks for the update #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is great that you have it all planned! Good luck with the VBAC. Hope all goes well. Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS, Sorry my late comment, x

    ReplyDelete