Monday, 30 May 2016

Lyanna Stark - GOT

Hello!!

I though since Lyanna is now becoming a huge part of Game Of Thrones, I should maybe explain abit about her back ground. 

Lyanna Stark was Ned Starks sister. She was promised to Robert Baratheon. 
One year at a tourney Rhaegar Targaryen who was competing and son of the King Aerys, gave Lyanna a rose. This caused huge upset as he should have gave it to his actual wife!! 

I'm not entirely sure how it happend, but the story so far is that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna, held her in a tower and she some how died. 

Lyannas kidnapping is what prompted Robert to start a war and go after her. However by the time Ned gets to the tower she is dying. 

We have recently seen some of these scenes in season 6 ep 4 5 and 6. 

The fan theory for a while was that this is where Jon Snow came from. As Ned goes into the tower he finds Lyanna in the mids of childbirth. Just before she dies, Ned promises never to reveal who Jon really is. If anyone was to find out Jon was actually a Targaryen, they would surly kill him!! 

So Ned takes him home as his own bastard son. 

Some people also think that perhaps Lyanna wasn't kidnapped but went willingly as she was in love with Rhaegar. Only time will tell and I sure do hope we find out in this season or the new book. 

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below :) 
thumbnailsize
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
My Petit Canard

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out happened here, it is all very intriguing. I shall be firmly seated in front of the tv for tonights episode :)
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its definitely going to be an interesting story line!
      Lx

      Delete
  2. This has helped me out massively! I'm an avid watcher but I do get confused sometimes and forget the background/zone out, so now this is all cleared up. Thanks for linking up to #MarvMondays. Kaye xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!
      Thanks for reading!
      Lx

      Delete
  3. I think there's a LOT of history that we'll find out about in this series. I'm loving season 6 - and actually love the TV show more than the books - it's the only time I've ever said that though! #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love season 6 too. Definitely a close runner for my fave!
      Lx

      Delete
  4. I've never watched GOT but feel I need to. Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen Games of Thrones. I must be the only person on the planet not to have seen it! Thanks for linking up with us on#KCACOLS and we hope that you will join us this Sunday :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think that Jon is is the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar. It is what makes most sense to me!


    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

    Azaria- Being Mrs Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't actually watch GOT. My OH does, & I sometimes see bits & pieces when he has it on, but not following it at all. Sounds very complicated & dramatic from what you say! #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete