Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Baby Number 2 - I Hate Pregnancy

Hello!!

The last few days have been really hard. I have no idea what it is, but I just haven't been myself or feeling happy. My OH reckons it is hormonal and I think he might be right. 

Let's start with I hate pregnancy. I haven't had it particularly bad the first time round or this time round. The first time I had no symptoms. This time round I felt dizzy in the first trimester. Now I'm in my third trimester and my ankles and legs are starting to swell up. I know I probably sound ungreatful. I know other people get it a lot worse than what I've had it. Its just hard after having worked so hard for 6months to lose 2 stone, then to see everything swelling back up again. 

I feel like I cant do as much at work anymore. My job involves a lot of walking up and down the stairs to collect products, but I get out of breath going up an down the stairs now. If I stand for too long I feel my legs and ankles swelling. We do have two new starts, so I have just been kind of sitting back and letting them do all the running about. But then I  feel bad and I start to think my boss is going to wonder what I have actually been doing. Even though training two people is hard and I never stop all day. I guess I kind of feel like they are going to wonder what the point in me being there is. 

Then we have the toilet training issues with Holly. She will pee no problem in the toilet, pretty much every time, but we can't get her to poo. She will hold it in till she has her night nappies on or wait till she's in the bath. I feel really bad as at nights I'm tired and I get really grumpy with her for not pooing in the toilet and all she will say is sorry mummy over and over. Then I feel like crap for being grumpy about it. 

Then I feel like crap because I think to myself, OMG I'm probably going to have to do this all over again. What was I thinking getting pregnant again. Then I feel like crap for thinking that!!! It's just one big huge circle of feeling crap all the time hahaha. 

My OH is really good during the weekends. But he works back shift for child care reasons, so at nights during the weeks, I have no choice but to stick the big girl pants on a deal with everything. 

Did any of you feel like this during your second pregnancy?? Please me a comment and let me know. 

Sorry for the ramble haha sometimes it's easier to get things off your chest on a lovely little blog. 

Speak son 
L X 
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three
Domesticated Momster
A Mum Track Mind
Laura's Lovely Blog
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
My Kid Doesn't Poop Rainbows

22 comments:

  1. I HATED being pregnant too! Everyone I knew seemed to love it and never felt better. Blah blah blah. I was i sanely sick for 41 weeks and felt like death every day. But I sound like a jerk when I say I hate pregnancy and people try to mollify me by saying, "wasn't it worth it?" Yes, obviously, but I'm with you - it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least i know I'm not alone!
      Lx

      Delete
  2. Oh lovely don't be too hard on yourself, pregnancy is really hard and very often no two pregnancies are the same. A lot of my friends feel the same that their second pregnancy is harder as they have another child to look after, but also because they have already experienced it and know what it's like. Just remember that it's not forever. I hope that it improves for you at work, can a risk assessment be carried out, so that you're not having to go and up the stairs as often? I agree with you that writing things down makes me feel better, I hope that writing this post has made your feel better. Thanks for linking up this week at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work has improved slightly now Im training my cover person. I can just sit back and let them run about :)
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete
  3. You're not the only one! My second pregnancy sucked as far as just hating being pregnant.:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate when I was pregnant with my second one... being on Trimester as well was horrible, when I felt really huge and easily tired while running after a toddler. But this is just temporary, they will all pass and trust me, having a second child is all worth the sacrifice. Good luck and take care of yourself. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, no comparisons here lovely but never feel bad for having a moan - it's your blog after all! :) #KCACOLS Mumzilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww. I didn't enjoy being pregnant either (Three times!) I suffered so bad with morning sickness and the hormones were insane. I constantly felt down in the dumps. I was back to my old self once babies were born though! It is not easy being pregnant. *hugs* xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ick, that doesn't sound fun. Can't imagine having to be on your feet a lot in late pregnancy. Juggling another tot when you do feel fab isn't nice either. I hope you feel better soon. Our lad just screams 'no!' When we ask him to sit on the loo so let me know if you crack it!
    #fartglitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is always harder second time round as you have another little one to look after too. I ended up in hospital second time round because I passed out whilst teaching. That gave me quite a shock and made me realise that I needed to slow down. I would say that if you are feeling it more then listen to your body and try to take things slower. Easier said than done though, I realise!

    Thanks for linking up with us at #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad your ok!! I've not had anything like that happen yet! i also didn't realise how hard it would be the second time round
      Lx

      Delete
  9. It is so tough on your body being pregnant. If you can find some time to relax I am sure it will do you the world of good.

    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday

    Azaria- Being Mrs Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  10. By my third pregnancy I thought I was literally on the border of coo coo! I had a 1 year old and an infant while pregnant with my third to tend to and still trying to keep my mind in tact. I was beyond tired to say the least. Thank you for linking up with #momsterslink :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At least I know that everyone suffers like this lol
      Lx

      Delete
  11. Pregnancy is so hard, I struggled with both of mine and I think the 2nd is harder as you also have another child to look after. But it will be worth it in the end, try and make some time for yourself and relax too. Thanks for linking up to #memyselfandI

    ReplyDelete