Monday, 4 April 2016

Maternity Wear Do's and Dont's

Hello!!



If there is one thing I have learnt from my first pregnancy. It's not to go to Next and by a lot of maternity clothes. To start with it's exspensive! Then I will probably only be in them for about 5 or 6 months. I am currently 18 weeks and still don't need maternity clothes. Next I  wont be buying a lot of tops or jeans as I will probably be in leggings or joggers.


This time around I will be going to Primark to get some long line tank and vest tops. These retail from £2.50 -£4.00. They stretch and shrink as you need them too. Who cares if they aren't the best quality. If they are ruined after your pregnancy, they only cost a couple of pound. It won't hurt as much to throw these away. But from experience, I still have these tops and they shrank back to normal after my bump had gone. No problem at all, I still wear them.


I have lost a dress size since the last time I was pregnant. So I will keep my size 14 jeans from last time just incase. However I will be heading to Asda maternity and I will only be getting 2 pairs of new jeans at most.


The only really new maternity things I will be buying is a white t-shirt (my last one is a bit grubby now) and a dress for a wedding I will be attending in may.
 

I think when people get pregnant they go crazy buying maternity clothes. I know last time I did. Bought nearly a whole new wardrobe for what? To wear it for 5 or 6 months and spend a lot of money, which could be put into savings for nappies or wipes or baby grows. 

Not this time round!! I will be buying minimal and saving as much as possible!


What did you do during you pregnancy?
Speak soon 
L x
Run Jump Scrap!

4 comments:

  1. I managed with 2 specific maternity tops, regular cheap leggings in a larger size, some oversized t shirts, 2 maxi dresses in a size larger than I would normally wear and a few larger vest tops. I can still wear it all now post partum. I've even put my maternity t shirt in the boot of my car as my emergency change of clothes! I'm actually finding it harder to find clothes I can nurse easily and discreetly in, without having to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe! Maybe I'll treat myself to something new soon! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree joggers and leggings this time round for me.
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete
  2. I so agree lovely. I'm pregnant now - almost 16 weeks and have bought nothing yet and didn't with my first. Leggings and stretchy tops did the job! I try and choose carefully so can use them again. Great ideas and thanks for sharing with #bestandworst xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate my bump is going i won't even need any of my old stuff!! I'm 19+2 and I'm still in size 12 jeans with the button closed!!
      Thanks for reading :)
      Lx

      Delete