Monday, 11 April 2016

Book Review - The Sea Queen by Jovee Winter




Hello!!


Today I am going to post about a book I recently read called The Sea Queen by Jovee Winters.


I seen this book on my Amazon recommended. When I seen it was about Greek gods I bought it straight away. I do like the mythology behind all types of gods, specially Greek and Norse. So when I seen this I snapped it right up!


This book I would say is written like a Young Adult book. Yes I know I am 27 but hey!! I like a bit of YA too. However it has ALOT of adult content in it (Sex). for that reason I wouldn't recommend anyone under 16 to be reading this book. The adult content isn't mentioned or hinted at in the description. There are another two books to this set. They aren't linked from what I can tell. But I will be getting them the minute I get paid this month.


Trying to explain with out spoilers. Its about the sea queen Calypso who is an elemental (water) and the Lord of the underworld Hades. Hades is accused of a crime and Calypso volunteers to take him captive in her waters until he is judged. He cant leave the waters without her permission so its perfect.


I don't think I have done this book justice to be honest. See the book here and let me know what you think!!


I would give this book a 4 out of 5 stars.


Let me know if you get it and what you think :)


Speak soon
Lx

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

8 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting and my kind of thing, I've added it to my 'to check out' list :)

    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you get round to it :)
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete
  2. Oooh I'll have to check this out, I struggle to get through a book these days with the kids but I love it so much when I make the time and effort to really get into a good book. Thanks:)
    mainy - myrealfairy
    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean!! i end up falling asleep and need to reread a couple of pages the next night!!
      Let me know if you get round to it :)
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete
  3. I love a bit of YA fiction. Obsessed with Morganville Vampires! I've never read much based on mythology, but maybe I should!

    Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh I've never read Morganville Vampires and i do love a good vampire book. Yes i was one of those twilighters lol but that again is a whole other post!!
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete
  4. Sounds interesting and different!! Lately I haven't had the time to read a book. I don't know when was the last time I read one. I think it was a year ago!! So long!! I think now if I have any spare time I use it to read blogs!! lol I know it is not the same but I really love it!! ;-) Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS. It is great having you for the first time!! I hope you enjoyed it!! It would be lovely to have you again on Sunday!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really easy read and if i had the time i would have had it read quicker than i did.
      Let me know if you get round to it :)
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete