Sunday, 24 April 2016

A Day At The Butterfly Farm

Well hello lovelies,

Today we took Holly to The Butterfly Farm in Edinburgh. 

It basically a big green house with lots of plants,caterpillars, terrapins, butterflies, moths, reptiles, honey bees and small ground birds. 

You walk through a sort of rain forest part with small birds running about your feet, moths and butterflies flying about you. There's a little waterfall and pond/river where the terrapins live. 

Then when you get to the back there is a reptile house where at certain times you can handle a snake, centipede and a spider. 

Then you can walk outside and see the honey bees and their bee gardens. Don't worry though, you are enclosed so they can't get to you. 

Then at the end on the way back out  there is a gift shop to which Holly got spoilt! 

I think it's definitely a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 5/5. It's only £7.50 each for an adult and under 3s go free. You can also buy a butterfly guide for £1 or £2 for a laminated one. 

The reason I loved it so much I think is because I used to go there when I was Holly's age!! And I am 26!! 

There is also a Dobbies garden centre right next door. So you can also go for lunch if you wanted to. 

Let me know in the comments if you have been anywhere like this. 

Speak soon 
L x

6 comments:

  1. It is years since I've been to a butterfly farm, looks like I'm missing out. Lovely photos of a fun time and lots more there besides the pretty butterflies.that snake is huge! Do join me for CountryKids. Stopping by today from #MarvMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this place so much!
      Thanks for reading
      Lx

      Delete
  2. I remember going to a butterfly garden when I was younger, I love them. We are going to make our garden more butterfly friendly so the children can see more in our own garden too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what i plan to do this year. Have a look online and see which flowers they like most!!
      Thanks for dropping by!
      Lx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up to Country Kids, I can't find the vlog with this?

    ReplyDelete