Monday, 17 August 2015

Divergent Book vs Divergent Film

Well hello lovelies,

Today I thought I'd do a review on the Divergent book vs the Divergent film. 

I have only recently read the Divergent book and I absolutely loved it!! I then went on to watch and buy Divergent from iTunes as I loved the film as well. 

I am not going into a full story / plot about this book or film as once I have read the series I will do a series review on them. But I will compare a few things I found interesting. 

I love the characters in the book and I don't think they could have chosen better actors to play them. 

Theo James as four is a great choice, for some reason I pictured him very similarly when I was reading the book. The thing I do find interesting though is that I feel at times, and I don't know if this his is acting or the people who wrote the scripts fault. But sometimes I don't feel the intensity coming from him for Tris like I do in the book. It kind of goes from him not showing really that he liked her, to them kissing. But this could be because as you know they need to cut scenes from the books to make a film. An I think they could have put a few more scenes in showing that intensity. 

Shailene Woodley is awesome as Tris. I do feel at times though that her acting could be better. There are a couple of moments through out the film that I don't believe her. But I really think she is a great Tris compared to the book and I think it was a good pick. 

The third character I want to talk about is Miles Teller!! How awesome a bad guy is he!! He is exactly how I imagine him in the book!! There nothing else to say about him. He's just great!! 

I think in the movie one of the best scenes for me is when four is under the simulation and he has the gun to Tris's head, and she is telling him she loves him and it's ok. I think that scene in the film and the book is the best part by far! 

I think the scene they missed in the film that I loved in the book, was when Tris steps between Marcus and Four, and tells him the only reason she hasn't put a bullet in his head is because she think four should do it. But she could change her mind. I think that's was an important scene showing her affection for Four and I think that would have been great in the film. 

As I said I loved the film and book. I am currently insurgent and I can't wait to see that film as the book is also awesome!! 

I love how Veronica Ross just keeps you wanting to read more. I love to read but I get to the point that at the end of a chapter I can put the book down and continue it at the next day. With this series I have caught myself at 1am saying right I need to stop! I have work in the morning! But I hate putting it down. Ever chapter as it finishes, I just need to know what happened next!!

Let me know what you all think of the book and film! I'd love to know!!

Speak soon 


My Random Musings
Twinkly Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Gosh — I haven;t read a book for AGES!!! I've got a couple of paperbacks and LOADS of books on my Kindle to read. I need a holiday so I can get trough them all! ;) Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday — hope to see you again next week! x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading. Don't get time to do it as much now. But its a great hobby.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both the book and the movie. I think the movie is pretty true to the book which I like, but I agree about the missing scenes showing the intensity of Four's attraction to Tris. If you hadn't read the book, it sort of comes across as a spur of the moment kiss rather than something that has been building up.
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats exactly what i thought!
      Thanks for reading!
      Lx

      Delete