Thursday, 13 August 2015

Half My Earnings

Well hello loves,

I have been thinking for a while now about different charities and how I wish I could do more for them, specially the animal ones (you all know I love my animals).

My partner and I are by no means rich and with us seriously thinking now about possibly having another baby, we need every penny we can get. However we do ok for what we earn and have. We get by with at times, a lot of support from my parents.

So all that being said, I have been thinking over the last few days and decided that if any money is made off this blog, I am going to donate half of it all to charity. I am going to set up another page called Charity. On this page I will post all the details. Charities, donation amount, pictures and if the company would like named, I will do that too.

This page since I have started it has made a grand total of £4.61 on adds and £10 on a post. That £14.61 is more than I ever thought it would make. This blog is just an outlet for me. It lets me record some of the best moments I have with my daughter and lets me share photos for my family to see. When I started this I didn't even know you could make money off of a blog. I knew some of the BIG bloggers made money off of their blogs, but I had no idea how they done it.

I see all these youtubers and big time bloggers making thousands of pounds and I totally understand that its their living and they need the money they make. I have seen some youtubers recently doing charity events. But all the money raised is raised by their viewers. Maybe in the back ground they are doubling the money but why wouldn't they want everyone to know that? I have never seen them donate any of their own money.

I am not comparing myself to these hugely successful people by any means. But that is what has prompted me to go a head with this.

What do you think?
Please if you know of anyone who has donated let me know in the comments below. I just personally don't know of any myself.

Speak Soon
L x
Domestic Momster

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea, the charities you donate to are very lucky :-)

    #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Let me know if you have any suggestions :)
      Lx

      Delete
  2. That's such a lovely idea. It's always fab to be able to give something back. I have hardly made any money on my blog and what I did I put back into it, self-hosting etc. I would like to some charity work in the future.
    Becky x
    #TheList

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made much either. but I just thought it was a good idea for what I had made so far :)
      Lx

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely idea! I haven't made any money, but will definitely do that going forward. I have used my blog to raise awareness of issues - another way to donate. #momsterslink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great idea. The more information people have the more it can help!!
      Thanks for reading!!
      Lx

      Delete
  4. That's so kind hearted of you to do such a wonderful gesture. It's so hard to know who to donate to. Especially when so many charities have made headlines in the past about being shady. Thank you for sharing this with #momsterslink and I wish you great sucess with thisl

    ReplyDelete