Sunday, 7 June 2015

The Fault In Our Stars - Book Review!



 Hello lovelies!!

I have been on a total reading spree recently. That much so, I have been being a bad wifey. But never mind that!!

I recently read The Fault in Our Stars mainly because it had been made into a movie, and my OCD would not let me watch it, till I had read the book!! 

If you don't know the book is about, it revolves around a teen called Hazel who has cancer. The book follows her through falling in and loosing love, depression and trying basically to make the most out of a short life. 

***SPOILER!!***

The main part that I was not expecting was Gus dying first!!! I so thought it would have been Hazel!!

I loved how the author pretty much took us through Gus being diagnosed with cancer again, then through all of the different stages. I cried right from his going terminal till he died!! 

One of the scenes that stood out me me was the kiss in the Anne Frank Museum. That was such a good scene I had been screaming at them for ages to kiss! Ha. 

I think even though this was a good book. The ending wasn't very good. It just seemed to stop. What happens with Hazel??!  I didn't like that ending.

So I think I would give this book 🌟🌟🌟 3 and a half stars. If the ending had been better I would have given it 4 or 4 and a half. 

All that said I did enjoy the book!! 
Have you read it? What do you  think? 

Speak soon
Lx

No comments:

Post a Comment