Sunday, 8 February 2015

Healthy Breakfast Part 3 - Smoothies

Well hello lovelies,

Today I am bringing to you my 3rd option and most popular breakfast option!! 

Banana and strawberry smoothie!!

Now I am actually more adventures with this than the others lol. When ever we get payed, I will go out and get most of the frozen fruits in asda. Frozen berries, raspberries and blackberries. I don't like cherries and I have always wondered why I can't get just frozen strawberries?! 

Anyway sorry side tracked again. 

So once I get all of these, I will split them all up into freezer bags. That way I just take them out the night before and they are defrosted for the morning. 

Most smoothie makers will blend frozen fruit. However the one I have doesn't.

So you will need the following. 
I like to add in oats to my breakfast smoothies, fruit of choice (just so happens it strawberries and bananas), milk and I also use Greek yogurt. 

Add in 5 table spoons of oats, pour in twice the amount of milk, fruit and your 3 table spoons of yogurt.
Give it a shake and blend till smooth
If I'm having a lunch smoothie I don't add the oats and replace the milk with orange juice. 

As you can see my smoothie maker is the blend active by Breville. 

Let me know if you like smoothies and tweet me your fav recipes @workingmumy 

The Domestic Geek and MindOverMunch on YouTube have some awesome recipes!! Go check them out. 

Speak soon lovelies. 
L x

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm trying to eat more healthy and this looks very yummy!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good and theres so many different things you can use i.e. coco powder or orange and kiwis. i love it :)

      Delete
  2. That looks lovely x

    www.allaboutamininorris.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete