Friday, 31 October 2014

Halloween Pumpkins and Recipe!!!

Well hello lovelies,

As tonight's Halloween I thought I'd do a spooky post :) well not quite lol but let me get started. 

One thing I love about Halloween is the pumpkin carving!!!! Here are some I made earlier :)  
Holly also had a little Halloween party at her childminders today. I didn't get her a proper costume as she wouldn't wear any type of head piece. Sooooooo she went in her onesie!!
An she filled up on sweets and cakes and is now still at 21:27 jumping in her bed!! 

Here is also my spooky Halloween recipe this year for roasted salted pumpkin seeds. 

Ingredients
Salt
Pumpkin seeds
Oil
Water

Utensils 
Pot
Cups for measuring
Table spoon
Roasting tray
Sieve

After cleaning your pumpkins you will want to separate your seeds and insides as much as possible. Rinse your seeds in a sieve until clean. 

For evey cup of seeds you put into your pot. You will want to put 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of salt. For example I had 2 cups of seeds, 4 cups of water and 2 tabelspoons of salt. 
Mix all together and bring to the boil. Once boiled summer for 10mins. 
Meanwhile, prep your baking tray with 1 tablespoon of oil and heat your oven to 200c fan or 400f. 

Once the seeds are ready drain and put them into your tray with oil. I gave them a mix about just to coat them. 
Then pop them into the oven :) mine roasted for 10mins to 20mins. After 10mins I had to take the ones on the edges out as they were nice and golden brown. Then I replaced them in the oven for another 10mins. 
Lovely :)

I hope you all have a great and spooky Halloween remember be safe :)

Speak soon lovelies :)
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment