Sunday, 3 August 2014

A Death In The Family Part 2

Well hello,

This morning when I got up I noticed Charles was a funny colour. His back half was a dull grey green colour. Not his normal bright green yellow self. 
 (This was him at more happier time)

When I picked him up to turn him around to feed him, his back legs and tail were limp. This could only mean paralysis. 

Charles is old for a chameleon. His is 6years old. If he had been in the wild, he would have been ate years ago. 
For a while now I have had to feed him by hand. He wouldn't use his tounge anymore. So he was being hand fed wax worms each day. But I knew today was the end. 

I got him a vet appointment and we all went down. They had 2 options for me. Put him through tests or to put him to sleep. After discussing it with the vet we decided that letting him go was best. 

Don't think I took this choice light hearted! I would miss paying my bills if it meant I could do something to save anyone if my animals. However putting him through yet more stress when he was already in a bad way, would have been cruel. 

So today at 3.30pm my little Charles passed away. Tomorrow he will be taken to my mum and dad's and I will bury him there in the back garden. 

Some people may think it's stupid to be so upset over a lizard. I have had him for 6 years. He was part of our family. 

Speak soon lovelies. 
L x

2 comments:

  1. Amazing to have had a Cameleon as a pet.
    Sorry to hear about hear about Charles, and, for what its worth, I absolutely support your call to not put him through tests at the time, I think it would have been cruel.
    Kelsey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would just have been too much for him. Thanks :)

      Delete