Friday, 18 July 2014

Scone Recipe

Well Hello!

Today I am going to give you all my Scone Recipe and surprisingly I have actually done this from scratch. 

Here are my ingredients 
-450g of plain flour
-pinch of salt
-10g baking powder
-55g of butter
-250ml of milk 

Normally I would just use a scone pack which I do recommend if you are strapped for time. I recommend the Asda Chosen By You one. Being a working mum I need all the help I can get. I love to bake but sometimes trying to find the time is impossible. 

But today Holly had been staying at her grans and I hadn't picked her up yet. So I had plenty of time to start from scratch. 

Here we have the flour, baking powder and salt l mixed together. I just put then all in at the same time. 
Here I have added my butter and I will cream in the butter with my fingers until I get a crumbly consistency. 
Next I have added in the milk and I will mix this in with my spoon :)
 Here I have flowered my surface and got my dough into a sort of round shape. Next I will roll it out. 
Roll it out till it's about 1 inches thick. 
I don't have a round cookie or scone cutter so I used my cups :) worked just fine. 
During all of the above I had my oven 180c fab assisted. 
I cooked these for 15-20mins. Until golden brown 

Here is my lovely finished product with some butter and jam on them. Mmmmm 

I still have a long way to go to perfect this recipe. But for now it tastes good, so that's good enough for me :) 

Speak soon lovelies <3
L x

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm! They look so lovely and delicious. If you had a moment could you check out my new post! I would love your input.
    http://simplyeasierliving.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Laura

    ReplyDelete