Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Potato, Squash and Carrots Toddler Recipe

Well Hello!!

I found this recipe in Asda. They do a lovely carrot and squash extra special dish. It's like a side dish I think. But Holly loves it!!!

So I though that I could try making it myself. 

So here are my ingredients 

X1 squash
X4 carrots
X 4 potatoes

To prepare the squash you want to cut it in half and clean it out. Pre heat the oven at 200c. Slice diagonal lines into it. Not all the way through. Just in the fleshy middle bit. Then rub olive oil over it (or what ever oil you use) 
Cook for 20mins. 

Next you want peel the carrots and potatoes. I didn't peel the potatoes this time as they were baby ones. But if I were to use the normal Maris piper ones, then I would peel those. 
Next I added the potatoes and carrots to the same pot and boiled them until the were soft enough to mash. Mine took about 20mins. 


Here are the cooked veg. As you can see the squash is soft enough for just a fork to scrape it out. 

I scraped both sides of the squash into the bowl with the potatoes and carrots. I then added about 25g worth of butter. You can add as much butter as you like.  It all just depends how buttery you like it. I added a small amount of pepper and no salt. Then I started mashing. 

I made a lot more than intended lol. So if you aren't planning on freezing this, then you could probably half this recipe. 

Here is a sample of the finished result. I give this to Holly as a dinner. But adults can have this as a side dish with dinner as well. 

Since I made a lot, it all got potted and frozen for future lunches or dinners. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post. 
Let me know if you try it out :) 

Speak soon lovelies <3

L x

2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely!:)
    I would love to see you on my blog!
    xoxo Antonella !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovelie!! I'm always on your blog :)

      Delete