Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Growing An Orange Tree

Well hello there!! 

I was eating an orange the other day and wondered if I could grow an orange tree out of one of the seeds. As you do, I googled it. An it turns out that you can!! 

Steps to growing an orange tree!!
1. Wash seeds under water. Be careful not to damage them. 
2. Soak in water over night. Water must be luke warm. 
3.Dampen a paper towl and place seeds in the centre and totally cover the seeds. 
4.Put them inside something you can create a green house effect. 

The site suggest a toaster bag. However I have a small propagator in the house. 

5.Place the seeds inside whatever you are using and make sure that the seeds are kept moist in there towl at all time. 

6.Roughly 2 weeks later, they should start to sprout roots. 

7. Then it is safe to plant into a small pot with some soil in a well lit window. 

So here I have started them at step 1 and  2

 My seeds are happily soaking in some water. 

So we will see if this works and I will keep everyone updated on what happends

Speak soon lovelies. 
L x

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've never thought about that but it makes perfect sense that they should be able to grow. Do they need to be in a certain climate though?

    Good luck =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly they are grown in Spain but hey, I will give it a shot lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't even give it a shot. You just can't grow an orange tree in Scandinavia!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha no I don't think you can :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck :))
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh good luck with this - didn't know they could grow in the UK!
    Blog of Bits and Bobs // A UK Beauty and Personal Style Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you can but I thought I'd give it a try:)

      Delete
  6. keep us updated dear :) i would love to know :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete