Monday, 12 May 2014

Whiter Than White

It was in my phone to do another question blog today. But I figured I already done one the other day. So instead I'm going to tell you about Marks converse trainers. 

I haven't got a before picture as I wasn't planning on doing this and it was just a spur of the moment one tonight. 

Mark had a pair of low top all white converse. He was complaining that he needed a new pair as these one were all dirty. He was right, they looked terrible! Around the stitching at the toes and the back of the heel where his jeans would rub were all dirty. Not to mention the general dirt that was on the rest of the shoes. 

I tried everything to get these things white. I tried washing them with other washing, washing them on there own at a high temperature, I used a vanish stick, I used vanish powder, I used both vanish products at once, I bleached them twice!! Once for a couple of hours then washed and then over night then washed. It removed a bit of the general dirt, but done nothing for the toe stitching or the heel. I was at my wits end. I thought I was going to need to buy another pair for him. Not that that's an issue btw lol it's just you know, we are normal working people and we need to budget. The next couple of months we have car stuff to pay for and the kitten to get sorted, so I just thought on top of that I need to shell out another £50 odd pound for shoes. 

But I found the holy grail in getting whites white again. 
This I have been told used to be called nappysan. As it was used to get reusable nappies white again. 
One bag of this in the drum with the washing, normal powder in the draw, 40c wash for 50mins and they don't look brand new but they look pretty damn close!! 

The toe stitching is white again!! All the general dirt is gone!!
As you can see the material right next to the red line is still a bit dark. But the rest of the heel looks amazing!! 

So long story shirt lol. If you need to get stains out fast like a working mummy does. Grab a pack of Glowhite!! I will never use anything else on my whites again. 

L x

2 comments:

  1. thanks for letting us know about this product Lisa :) very helpful !! xx
    www.ambfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah well I bleached them that much I have had to mend the sole as it was coming apart from the fabric lol oops :)

    ReplyDelete