Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Orange and Chilli Tuna Steak

It's only recently that I actually tried a tuna steak. I always assumed I didn't like them, as I didn't like tuna mayo or any of the tined tuna.

However I was testing some at work and decided to be adventurous and try it. I'm not gonna say I loved it. But if all I had to eat on a desert island was tuna. I'd survive.


I used frozen tuna steak. I like some types of frozen stuff better than fresh. I will explain in a later blog I have planned. So 1 tuna steak with 1 tea spoon of chilli flakes, and half an orange squeezed to get all the juice out.

Wrap in foil loosely. Place the middle of a fan oven at 180c and cook for 30mins.


The steak will shrink slightly and there will be a lot of juice in the bottom. You could add the other half of you orange juice to it. Simmer and add a small amount of corn starch. This will thicken up the sauce. Then reduce it down to a thick glossy sauce. I was at work so I didn't have time to do all of that.


So above I simple poured a little of the juice over the steak. An that's that! Hope you like it. Let me know if you try it :)

L x

2 comments:

  1. WOW your blog is amazing :D i love it will defo keep looking :D


    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ here is my blog it would mean so much to me if you would check it out

    thank you have a nice day :)


    :D

    ReplyDelete