Saturday, 15 March 2014

To Quilt or Not To Quilt

I have done a few things to remember Holly's first year, and I will do a another post on that. But the main one I am doing is to make a quilt from her clothes of her first year. So I have had 5 black bin bags to go through to get some clothes from each stage.

My gran very kindly gave me her sewing machine. Which looks like it's from the sixties but works perfectly fine.


I have been buying small packs of material from Hobbycraft for £13 to practise on, as I haven't used a sewing machine since I was at school, which was nearly 10 years ago!!


It has definitely been a learning experience. Lol I didn't know nearly as much about it as I thought I did. But I have been watching videos and reading books. So I think I will make this into a series. Update you all every time I do a bit more of it :)

L x

2 comments: