Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Strawberry Icing Cupcake Recipe

Now as a working mum who works 9 hours a day and travels 40 mins in and out of work. When it comes to somethings I just don't have the time anymore. Between working, looking after Holly and Mark lol and looking after the zoo I have. Sometimes Ican be on a time restriction. What working mum isn't!! So if there is a quick way to do something but still get good results, I'm willing to give it a try. So take a look at the recipe below :)

I used the White Chocolate and Strawberry Flavoured Cupcake kit from Morrisons.
Now before I was a mum when I was baking, I would never have though twice about using one of these kits. I always thought you got better results from doing it from scratch. However I just don't have time anymore. But I still love to bake. So the above is the next best thing. So first you want to preheat your oven at 180c fan assisted. Now lets see what this comes with.
So in the box you get White Chocolate Drops, White Chocolate Shavings, Cupcake Mix, Strawberry Flavoured Icing and Cupcake Cases. In the above picture I have also added 1 egg and 60ml of milk. I then added in the cupcake mix and whisked with an electric mixer for about 2mins. Until all the lumps had gone from the mixture.
So i placed the cupcake cases into the baking tray, and you only get 6!! So i used the 6 that were supplied. But in future i would buy my own cases and have probably between 10-12 cupcakes.So I spooned the mixture evenly into the cases and placed on the middle shelf of my preheated oven.
These only took 20mins in my oven. This may vary depending on what type of oven you have. Keep an eye on them. But don't keep opening and closing the door or they will fall. I lerned the hard way when i was learning :) After 20mins i had freshly cooked cupcakes.
Now that they are perfect (you can check this by sticking a cocktail stick in to the sponge. If it comes out dry your ready) I left them for about 30mins to cool. While i was waiting on them cooling, i Added my icing sugar to another bowl and added 60g of butter which i broke up with my fingers first. As I find that it helps mix it a bit quicker. Note: This bit is very messy lol
I whisked this together for about 2-3mins before it all came together. Sometimes this bit feels like its taking forever. But the more butter you add the quicker it will mix. I used 60g as that's what i always use. It all just depends on how buttery you like your icing to be. You can use less or more. totally up to you :) So after i got it mixed together, I added in my white chocolate drops.
Now if i had had the time. I would have piped these nicely however by this time it was 11pm and i was up at 5.30am for work so i simply spread the icing onto the tops of my cooled cakes and added the white chocolate shavings on top. An Voila :D Strawberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes.
Over all this is a good recipe for it being a premixed one. Cakes turned out light and fluffy. The strawberry icing was to die for. You could make your own strawberry icing by making the same mixture with plain white icing, butter, red food colouring and strawberry flavouring. But the prepacked one was good enough for these. The only thing i didn't like was I only got 6 cases!! I would totally buy smaller cases to get at least 10 out of these.

Hope yous enjoyed my post and let me know what yous think of these shop bought mixes.

L x







No comments:

Post a Comment