Saturday, 28 September 2013

Friday (27.09.13) Nights Dinner Recipe

Hello from 2016!!


Here is today's throw back post!! I still like to make this recipe only I add a little corn starch to the sauce now to make it a  bit thicker!! Still a good option for my OH's dinner at the weekend :)
Enjoy!
Lx


Friday nights dinner was home made Piri Piri Chicken!! You can make this spicy or not so spicy. Depends how much heat you like. I though Mark loved heat. However lol, I think it was slightly to spicy for him haha. I have a cold at the moment so when I tasted it, and I thought it was fine and tbh, it was all medium heat stuff I used. When we go to Nandos he normally gets hot sauce. However I will take note!! lol the shop bought stuff is too hot for him in medium! so enough of me blabbing :D lets get into the recipe!



Home Made Piri Piri Chicken



Firstly here is a picture of the ingredients I used.


I used fresh chicken fillets from Asda, Morrison's Piri Piri sauce ( I think I might try get a recipe to make my own Piri Piri sauce tho :) ) and potatoes. You will also need a deep fat fryer and tin foil.

I have an electric cooker and I preheated my fryer on mark 4. I also preheated the oven at 180c fan assisted. By the way if anyone needed help with other oven settings like gas or non fan assisted settings I can help with that. Just leave me a little comment :)


Now first thing Friday morning I put the 2 fillets in separate tin foil and marinated them with the piri piri marinade and left them in the fridge. I closed these up and made little pouches for the fridge. You don't need to do this. You could do this right before cooking. I find it helps the flavour sink into the meat (a vaccum tumble would be better but I don't have one of those in my house lol).

 So when I was preparing the dinner once the oven was up to temp I put these on the oven tray and place them into the oven. I set a timer for 15mins so I knew when to put my chips in.

While I was waiting on the timer, I peeled and chipped my potatoes. I normally always use a wooden chopping board for the veggies and a glass one for meat. That way the veggies don't slip about (and you end up cutting yourself, learnt from experience lol) and the glass board is easier cleaned to get any bad bugs off. If you were to cut the meat on the wooden one, make sure and use hot soapy water to kill and Salmonella or any other bad bugs on it. I just think the glass is easier that way they don't hide in the cut marks on the board.
Sorry!!! side tracked on with the recipe!!

After this step I put them into the fryer. Now I made a bit of a mistake. when I put them in, they didn't hiss. Which means my oil wasn't hot enough to crisp up the outside. Once they have been hissing away for about 5mins I would normally turn the temp down to about 5 or 4 to cook the inside. If you don't do this they might be soggy. But thankfully they weren't!! lol. 
#

So I cooked these for 25mins and they looked like this :) Does anyone else always get that rouge chip that gets cooked like 100 times and is always put on someones plate but always ends up bk in the fryer??! lol

I cooked the chicken in the oven for a further 20mins after that initial 15min timer went off and this is what I got.

I simply put the two chicken breast with the sauce on to the plate with the chips and placed some chillies on top and DAH DAH DAH :D
Now what you could do to stop the sauce being so runny is place the chicken onto the plate then put the sauce into a pot and bring to the boil. Add about 1/4 of a teaspoon of cornflour and stir in on a simmering heat.This will thicken the sauce. But I didn't have any to hand, this was good enough.

Hope anyone who try's this enjoys :D

L x








Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Diary of an imperfect mum
Mummuddlingthrough
DomesticatedMomster
Linky
You Baby Me Mummy

18 comments:

  1. Lovely dish. I never cooked one before but it looks quite straightforward #ablogginggoodtime and #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Piri Piri chicken looks yummy! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I'm going to have to give this a go, yum! x #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this Piri Piri chicken amazing!!!! This one is being booked marked! Thanks for sharing! #BinkyLinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm I love a bit of PERI PERI. My youngest obvs inherited my taste as although a really fussy eater, her fave dinner is Nandos. Result!
    This looks easy peasy, I'd have to add a big dollop of coleslaw too
    Thanks for sharing with #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy specially during the week :)
      Lx

      Delete
  6. looks yummy Thanks for linking to the #binkylinky please come back next week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks yummy, I love 'proper' chips! This looks like a manageable dinner to put together with kiddies in toe as well xx #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its super easy for through the week :)
      Thats for reading!

      Delete
  8. Looks so delicious! I love trying out new recipes as I am always pondering what to make for dinner. I love to cook but my littles are all going through different stages right now with food. Drives me crazy. Thanks for linking up with #momsterslink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its super easy for through the week!!
      Yeah theres no chance Holly would eat this now haha
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete