Friday, 27 September 2013

Baby Food Recipe

Hello!!! 
Here is a throw back for Thursday!! 
How hard is it to believe I will be going back to making this sort of thing in a few months time!! 
Enjoy from L from the future!! :) 
Lx 2016!!

I like to feed Holly as much home made food as I possibly can. However is can be hard specially when you work 9 hours a day with a 40 min in and out of work. But when I do make her food, I always make a lot of it to freeze.

Here is today's baby food recipe : Cheesy Mash Potato's

This will depend on your baby. I know that holly doesn't have any problems with dairy. However if your baby does have a dairy problem, there are a lot of subs you can use instead of the dairy products.

Firstly here are the ingredients you will need.

4 Potato's
Block of cheese
You will also need 150ml of semi skin milk and 25g of butter. I used I cant believe its not butter for this recipe but you can use which ever you normally have in your house.
Grate approx 100g of cheese and boil your potato's until soft
Drain the potato's and mash. As Holly is starting to move on to stage 2 foods. I prefer to leave the potatoes slightly lumpy to make her work her mouth. But if your baby is still at stage 1 of feeding you could mash till there are no lumps or just blits the potatoes.
In the picture above I have added 150ml of milk and 25g of butter. Now mix these all in till all the ingredients have mixed in evenly.
Next add your cheese!! I have grated 100g of cheese to add to the potatoes, as Holly loves cheese flavoured food. But you can add less or more depending how much your baby likes :D

Last but not least. Mix in you cheese and spoon into your baby food pots!!

I got about 6 of these pots for the batch that I made. So I would give this to holly for her lunch along with some juice or water. 
This is a really simple recipe to make specially for the first time mummy's like myself. 

I hope your baby enjoys :)

L x

Mummuddlingthrough
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com
Diary of an imperfect mum
Mr and Mrs T Plus Three
Domesticated Momster

15 comments:

  1. Looks really easy and tasty for babies :) x #coolmumclub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Holly loved the cheese :)
      Lx

      Delete
  2. Yum. Who doesn't love cheesey mash!! #ablogginggoodtime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting...the mouse hates mash but loves cheese...this could be one for me to try! Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub...what did you think of the Thrones finale?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great little recipe for new moms, and how easy to make! Thanks for sharing! #momsterlink

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy and simple my daughter used to love this and would gobble it up. thanks for linking with #ablogginggoodtime xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great quick and easy recipe. I would eat that! ha ha! Thanks for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheese... looks yummy! I will try this when my little one is bigger #ablogginggoodtime & #coolmamaclub

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any babies anymore but man these sound good to eat for myself! My kids hate mashed potatoes. Yeah I know...wtf? right? I have no idea where they hail from. I could only wish I didn't like mashed potatoes. Maybe I will try making these and see how it goes over. Thanks for sharing with #momsterslink and hope to see you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete